Excellent places to look for Denver sales careers can be found in: 1) The Cherry Creek Shopping District – has 169 shops including Burberry, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Tiffany & Co. and it is also home to dozens of independent galleries and boutiques; 2) Downtown Denver – Several prominent malls are located in Denver including the 16th Street Mall that overflows with shopping options; Denver Pavilion, another mall, has shops by popular retailers like Banana Republic and NikeTown; and Larimer Square has many shops selling hip clothing and accessories; Cherry Creek North is another area where you can find a large collection of international and independent shops. Aside from the big malls and business districts you can also find many scattered small shops around the neighborhoods of Denver that could be advertising for a job opening.
Denver sales jobs usually require at least a high school diploma or equivalent although this can vary depending on the employer and industry but most companies also give on the job training. There are some companies who require their applicants to have certain skills like knowledge in operating word processor and spreadsheet computer applications and specific knowledge on the products and services of the company, especially high technology products. These companies often require their applicants to have some earlier work experience in sales or related work. There are also companies, however, who don’t mind their workers learn how to do things while on the job. Outlook for Denver sales employment is excellent and expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations.
Here are some current job openings for Denver sales jobs:
1. Sales Management Trainee - learn the business from ground up; on the job training; after training will be assigned to a branch office; you will learn valuable business skills from mentors who were once in your place; during your first year you will participate in everything from sales, marketing and customer service to operations and finance. You will then be tested for your proficiency in these areas; successful completion of these evaluations will result in rewards, pay increase and opportunity for continued promotions. - bachelor’s degree required; minimum 1 year experience in sales or customer service; must have valid driver’s license with 2 or less moving violations in the past three years and no drug or alcohol related conviction on record in the past 5 years.
2. Retail Sales Opportunity - duties include educating customers by offering the latest wireless technology solutions for communication and entertainment needs; must be an expert in the subject matter of wireless technology; - must be at least 18 years old with high school diploma; benefits include free wireless service for employees; discounted phones and accessories for qualified friends and family; during 1st year allowed 3 ½ weeks time off; 401k; dental, medical and vision benefits; competitive salary.
3. Sales Representative ($25k to $30 /year) - responsibilities include marketing insurance, annuity and financial products to the educational community; opportunity for advancement; benefits include monthly and annual bonus potential, company car with paid business expense, group dental, medical and vision benefits; paid retirement; optional 401k after 6 months; flexible spending accounts; sales award vacations. - bachelor’s degree; 3 to 5 years sales, management or leadership experience or if a recent graduate, must have held leadership roles and demonstrated hard work ethics by being a working student; not more than 2 jobs in the past 5 years; professional candidates who want to grow with the company.
4. Higher Education Sales Executive ($50k to $70k/year) - reports to the Vice President of Sales; prior experience in sales and a strong commitment to acquire new accounts; excellent understanding of higher education systems and sales processes; at least 3 years experience making a tactical or strategic sales process; achieve or exceed goals with sense of urgency.
5. Distributor/Route Sales Business Opportunity - pre-determined route with existing customers; unique territory; no cold calling; no work experience needed; no franchise fees; 100 percent franchising for qualified candidates; working capital to help your business grow; innovative programs to jump start sales; - This is a business opportunity; first step is to complete the distributor application and submit it for approval.
You can find more Denver sales jobs by visiting DenverMetroCrossing.com and sign up for a risk free trial today to find jobs that are just right for you!